Friday 19 April 2013

>> Skermunkil jewellery design

You may have noticed from my post about the Jo'burg neighbourgoods market, that I took some pictures of beautiful Skermunkil jewelry.

Skermunkil  is a small jewellery design and manufacturing studio based in Muizenberg, Cape Town, and I adore their designs. However, they also make a range of other beautiful products like painted porcelain cups and bowls.  Since the first time I saw their pieces, I was in love. I love the simple lines, geometric patterns and mixing of gold and silver. My favourite is the gold painted bowls (golden stuff is one of my current obsessions), and I'm insanely in love with the wood framed golden embossed "Afrikaans spreekwoorde" (proverbs)!
I want I want I want...3 of them!

I did get something though:-) Johan bought me a skermunkil necklace that I really liked, and I haven't been able to take it off. I got the half moon shape, which is part of the triangle and square set.

Designer, Marietjie, also runs a blog called eendag op 'n reendag, and you can check out the skermunkil website to see more of her fabulous designs.  I got the below images from these two sites.

I got the above image from lucky pony blog. I have the half circle necklace on the left:-)

1 comment:

  1. Ek wil die teekoppies en die driehoekhangertjie hĂȘ :)

    ReplyDelete