Monday 15 April 2013

>>Jo'burg neighbourgoods market

Wow, I've had a long day at work, and I actually just want to go home, but I couldn't leave without doing this post. This weekend, we took my mother and sister in law to the Jo'burg neighbourgoods market. Just so you know, I was skeptical about Jo'burg when I first moved here...after all, everyone knows that to people from Pretoria, Jo'burg is like another country, and dangerous,,,very dangerous:-)

I soon realise that I  was an idiot for not traveling to Jo'burg more ofter before I moved here. Jo'burg is eclectic, vibrant and basically on fire with creativity. As part of this blog, I am actually going to do a series of "awesome places to go in Jo'burg" posts, of which this is the first.

This market is situated in Braamfontein (probably the hipster capital of Gauteng), and runs every Saturday, rain or shine. It was a cold and rainy day, but the market was bustling as ever. I love coming to this market every time, whether it's to buy something or simply to browse and people watch.  I took my camera along to take some pictures of what I saw.

  

2 comments:

  1. Amazing fotos Anzel! So lus om weer 'n draai daar te maak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hipster capital of Gauteng... Bahahaha!! Awesome post. Ek wil ook!

    ReplyDelete