Tuesday 9 April 2013

>>Lauren Fowler amazingness

Lauren Fowler is a fellow thing-maker, and I love the things she makes! I have been following her work for about a year now, and I greatly admire her sense of design and unique illustrations. She has a studio called lost is a place too, which is also the name of her blog. Her studio at the Woodstock Foundry Cape Town, is open to the public and functions as a workspace but also as a gallery where people can just walk in and buy some of her gorgeous creations. I really want a studio like that too one day:-)

I am a big lover of illustration art, and Lauren is for sure at the top of my list of favourites at the moment. I have been particularly in love with this set of 3 "dapper men" as she calls them. I can just picture them on our bedroom wall, aha, swoon. She is also famous for doing beautiful hand drawn type, and a couple of "people as animals" commissions. I wonder what she would draw Johan and I as if she had the chance...

Do yourself a favour and check out her lovely website, which is where I got these images from.
You will be in love too.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment