Friday 3 May 2013

>>Awesome autumn decor

Okay, so it's my second post for the day, but I couldn't help myself. And yes, I know I'm a couple of Fridays behind on fonts, but I haven't had the time lately to look for something that I really liked, and I don't want to post just any old font... It has to be perfect. Anyhoo, I am so inspired by Autumn in Jo'burg right now, and I should be photographing some really rad autumny stuff this weekend! But for now, here is something else I've been doing for a week or so.

I am really fascinated by all the possibilities for table decor these days (probably fueled by my obsession with weddings). I've been collecting photos of really beautiful Autumn table decor ideas. Autumn table decor always has the potential to turn into some Americanised halloweeny kitchness, and I was not looking for anything to do with pumpkins and too much orange.

To me, autumn is all about really bright African light, browns and the spiciness in the air. In the examples below, I just love how they've made use of brown as a colour. Brown is seriously under-appreciated! Just look at how awesome those white flowers in brown bottles look. I also love the idea of using dried plants and flowers. If I had to do a table, I would love to add some brown pears and spice, like star anise and cinnamon wrapped in pretty rustic string or displayed in glass bottles.  So beautiful. Autumn is kind of turning into my favourite season. Just click on the image, to find it's source.

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment