Wednesday 11 September 2013

>> If you want your dreams to come true

I am starting to see a pattern here. About once a month I will write a more personal post about my journey in my career, life
and my dreams. I write about people that I admire for following their dreams, and how everybody should just go out an do it!
Easy right? I will write about that studio I want to own, that beautiful illustration print I want, or that place that I
want to visit. Dreams are great. But without a plan they are useless. Dreams can be depressing and feel far away.
Dreams are scary stuff.

...Jeez. Yes.

But I am sure that I am not the only one...everybody has a dream, don't they. That one thing that you're just burning to do with
your life. I think as scary as they are, we need a dream to feel like all is not lost, and one day, things will be different.
Maybe you hate your job and want to do something you love instead. Maybe you want to travel somewhere that looks amazing.
Maybe you want to find a perfect friend. Everybody wants something.

There is just one very unfortunate thing though. Most dreams cost money, time and work. Two things that very few people have
enough of, and the last...we'll, people are lazy. And that is why dreams are scary. Because you need to save or pay too much
for it to happen. Or, you might have to use up all your spare time to plan, or do a course, or do stuff which will leave you
feeling like there is just absolutely no time for anything else. Perhaps you simply can't afford to save and then everything
is just crap and you get depressed and you try to forget about your dream, because in your mind it's impossible or simply
too late...

Mmmm, getting clever aren't I....:-)

Anyways, as scary as dreams are, I think a dream is worth it. And if you think so too, then you will start anyways. Any goal
needs to have a plan. So do it today. Look at what you need to do to make your dream come true. Draw up a timing plan, draw up
a savings plan, register, do some extra work, do whatever necessary. Because every day you wait is a day wasted. Do something
that you feel is important. A dream IS important.

So I wrote this quote from some anonymous clever person, on a really beautiful picture by Italian photographer Manuel Cosentino. 
By the way, this project really inspired me, and I think it's beautiful. Plus it has a bit of a tik-tok tik-tok message... 

Lastly, I am very proud to say that I have stopped dreaming, and I am now doing. I have set my plan in motion to
realise my dream, and my next post about "my journey", will be about how far I've come in making it all happen:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment