Thursday 1 August 2013

>>Hey stranger illustration

Yesterday, I came across Brad and Leigh. They are a married blogging couple from Jo'burg, with a really
stunning creative blog. It is quite simple, but I was completely fetched with the style of Leigh's drawings
and Brad's quirky writing. I think what they are doing is just so nice, a couple that shares each others'
passion for creativity and life. I was especially entertained by their "hello" section, how they speak about
that very familiar voice in their heads, the voice that says "we can't". Their blog is a direct response to
that voice: "we can". I admire how people can just get up and go for what they really want to do. In a creative
industry, you ideas are almost always dictated and often killed by a client, and sometimes it literally makes
you sick. It is nice to see that people can find a way to climb back into their own heart and do something
that they really love doing. Something that I should seriously think about. My blog is a good start,
but it is important to remember that with having only one life, it's worth taking a risk every now and then.

Have a look at these drawings, I adore them. Also, check out Leigh's business called hey stranger, and read a
bit on their blog. By the way, what do you think about the new look, hope you like it:-)












2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the "Has anyone seen my cowboy"!! Lief die nuwe look Anzellie x

    ReplyDelete